We’ve all been there: you need a new laptop for writing and blogging and you’re determined to get the best laptop for blogging, but you don’t know what to get!
There are so many options on the market right now that it’s hard to tell which one is best for your needs! Which laptop is the highest performing? What is the cheapest laptop for blogging, but still good enough? Will it glitch? Can it perform well with video editing? Is it good for traveling? Which actually is the best laptop for blogging, but according to your needs? So many questions!
In this article, we’ll take a look at 14 of the best laptops for bloggers in 2021 and help point you in the right direction. We will list few cheaper models, few best-performant laptops and try to tell you what laptop is best for your niche.
CONTENTS OF THIS LIST OF BEST LAPTOPS FOR BLOGGING
- What makes a device the best laptop for blogging
- Factors to consider before buying a laptop
- Quick list of best laptops upfront
- Full list of best blogging laptops
- How to save money on laptop
- Best cheap laptops under $500
- Best laptops for bloggers under $500-$1000 range
- Best performant laptops
- What laptop you should NOT buy
- Recommended blogging laptop accessories
- Best blogging laptops FAQ
This blog post may contain affiliate links. It means NO extra cost for you, but a tiny commission to support my blog. Thank you!
What is the best device for blogging?
A blogger needs 3 things: a brain, stable WiFi, and a performant laptop.
Using a laptop as your blogging device is becoming more and more popular. Even though laptops were originally intended to be focused on portability, they now also come with long battery life and high performance while still being lightweight and easy to carry around.
A good laptop offers you the best option for any desired functionality in blogging including video editing, photo editing, copywriting, or web browsing – but you have to get the right laptop.
Also, being a blogger, think of a laptop as an investment. How faster you will work with a good laptop? How much more content you can make? More content = more traffic = more money!
What features do the best laptops for blogging have?
When considering buying a new laptop, look at these 7 factors that make a device the best laptop for blogging:
- A powerful processor allows you to work with video, editing software, large projects, and, in general, just work smoothly! Even a 20,000-word article uploaded into WordPress can be difficult to work with for some laptops. Try to choose a leading processor. This way for the next few years you will be sure that no new updates will slow you down.
- A fast CPU (central processing unit). The central processing unit, or CPU, is the “brains” of your computer. It holds and executes instructions and does calculations. For a blog, it’s important to have a powerful processor because you will be uploading files and navigating through the site to upload photos. A fast CPU makes this process quicker!
- Great cooling. Keep your computer from overheating while using the CPU intensely which may result in slowing down performance over time.
- RAM (Computer random access memory) – If you plan on running big programs like videos or heavy photo sessions, you need a lot of RAM, 8GB+ at least. It’ll keep things going smoothly without freezing up.
- Weight and size. Nowadays, blogging lets you free to move around, and some people prefer to work in co-working spaces, cafes, traveling around the world. Your laptop should be compact, light, durable, and preferably optimal size 13 inches with high resolution display. The optimal weight is not bigger than 1,5 kg for travel bloggers or female bloggers. There are good laptops 15’+ but I don’t see any reason to buy them for a blogger they are more for IT, designers, gamers.
- Battery life is vital for a laptop. Nobody likes to recharge a device every 2 hrs. The best battery life in 2021 is around 10-12 hours.
- Keyboard. Yes, we’re bloggers! We’re writing! Uncomfortable, dark, small keyboard or slow touchpad will slow us down. We don’t need this.
- Low/easy maintenance. Try to go with well-known brands. Even if you’re traveling and something went wrong, you’ll be able to find a good service center and quickly fix it.
- Other bloggers’ recommendations and real experience. Nothing will be more honest than real talk with your fellow bloggers. Moreover, it will give you an idea of how long your laptop will stay performant. This blog post is exactly something like this. Feel free to browse and ask as many people as you can!
Also note, that almost all modern laptops don’t have a DVD drive, and many have only USB-C ports (next type of USB). While with DVD we don’t really need it anymore, USB-C may be upsetting – buy a simple adapter then!
Quick List of Best Blogging Laptops UPFRONT
- The best laptop for blogging OVERALL – MacBook Air, Microsoft Surface Pro
- The best laptop for blogging and video editing – Dell XPS 13, Macbook Pro
- The best laptop for travel blogging – ASUS Zenbook
- The best cheap laptop for blogging – Acer Aspire 5
Best Blogging Laptops: Comparison Table
|Blogging laptop||Price||OS||Weight||Battery||Best for|
|ASUS Chromebook Flip C433||under $500||Chrome OS||3.31 lbs/ 1.5 kg||up to 10 hrs||only beginners|
|ASUS VivoBook 15||under $600||Windows Home||3.5 lbs/ 1.6 kg||up to 9 hrs||bloggers with no editing tasks|
|Dell XPS 13||$1000||Windows||2.7 lbs/ 1.2 kg||up to 14 hrs||best overall for Windows power users, including video editing|
|Apple MacBook Air 13.3″||$900||Mac OS||2.8 lbs/1.29 kg||12 hrs||overall best for bloggers|
|Apple MacBook Pro 2020||$1800||Mac OS||3.1 lbs/1.4 kg||10 hrs||best overall for Mac power users, including video editing|
|Asus Zenbook||$1100||Windows Pro||2.45 lbs/1.1 kg||13 hrs||for travel bloggers|
|Microsoft Surface Pro 7||$770||Windows||1.7 lbs/0.7 kg||10 hrs||for illustrators, bloggers, writers, or graphic designers on-the-go|
|Lenovo Chromebook Flex 3 11″||$300||Chrome OS||2.64 lbs / 1.1 kg||10 hrs||only beginners|
|Lenovo Flex 5||$600||Windows||3.63 lbs /1.64 kg||10 hrs||all blogging levels|
|HP Pavilion x360||$700||Windows||3.55 lbs/1.6 kg||9 hrs||good versatile blogging laptop|
|Acer Aspire 5||$400||Windows||3.97 lbs/ 1.8 kg||10 hrs||best cheap blogging laptop|
|Dell Inspiron 15 (2021)||under $500||Windows||4,9 lbs / 2.2||10 hrs||–|
|HP Chromebook 14||$300||Windows||3.24 lbs / 1,5 kg||12 hrs||cheapest laptop|
|Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon||$1800||Windows Pro||2.4 lbs/1 kg||19.5 hrs||for extremely demanding users|
FULL LIST OF THE BEST BLOGGING LAPTOPS
Keep reading for more details, but here is the full list:
- Best performant laptops ($1000+)
- MacBook Pro (Best)
- Dell XPS 13 (Best)
- Microsoft Surface Pro
- Asus Zenbook
- More good laptops for bloggers under $500-$1000
- MacBook Air (Best)
- HP Pavilion x360
- Lenovo Flex 5
- Asus VivoBook 15
- Best cheap laptops under $500
- ASUS Chromebook Flip C433
- HP Chromebook 14
- Dell Inspiron 15
- Acer Aspire 5 (Best)
- Lenovo Chromebook Flex 4
Best cheap laptops for blogging
Even if you’re currently tight on budget, there is a way to cut down laptop prices and still be able to choose a performant device. The priority should depend on your goals (just writing, or editing, or everything, etc), and I would recommend the following to reduce the price of a laptop:
- Check the processor. If you can afford a little more, you can buy an Intel Core i7 or iX processor and preferably over a dual-core with quad threads. But it won’t be necessary for most blogging tasks. The optimal you should go in 2021 is the Intel Core i5. You can also buy an i3, but it will be outdated pretty soon.
- Check also the memory capacity to make sure that it has at least sufficient RAM for your needs – 16GB or higher is only needed if you will go hard on video content. But it will affect the price. If you’re not planning to edit photos or videos, you can choose a laptop with 4GB RAM. For basic video editing and vlogging, choose 8GB RAM. Also if you choose Windows 10, you’ll need 8GB. For Mac OS or Chrome OS even 4GB is fine.
- Don’t forget the battery! The one with more battery life is better. This is not something you need to save money on.
- When it comes to storage, the recommended volume is at least a 500GB hard drive or higher (SSD would be best). But, if you need something on a budget, and you can store your documents and images in the cloud or external hard drive, pick a laptop with a 256GB hard drive. I’m using a 256GB laptop for the last 6 years, and I’m fine!
- The graphics card should have enough memory for gaming and display resolution – a minimum of 512MB. This is important if you’re making visual content, for vlogging, for graphic design, or if you’re a game blogger. If you’re not, just stick with the minimum or trust manufacturer. You need to have HD display though, in 2021…
- OS: Mac OS and Windows are the most popular. Windows has its own pros and cons, and it normally needs a but more RAM. Mac OS is stylish, intuitive, and well loved by a lot of users, but has sometimes limited acces to apps. Lately, we’ve seen new OS – Chrome OS. It is simpler, cheaper, less versatile.
Now, what is Chrome OS? Let’s briefly discuss it now, as I will list some Chromebooks below.
Chrome OS vs Windows vs Mac OS
This laptop is a so-called Chromebook, which means it is using Chrome Operating System. While Windows and iOS are the most popular OS, Chrome OS is kicking in too.
Some Pros of using Chrome OS:
- Chrome OS is a simple operating system that’s lightweight and easy to use because it doesn’t have all the extras and complexity of Windows.
- Chrome OS offers a simpler interface with less clutter, and it’s lighter than MacOS
- It’s perfect for people who want to get on the web and do some work without having to wade through a lot of other programs.
- Chromebooks also tend to be more affordable.
- There is also less of a learning curve because everything is web-based.
- Chrome OS might not be as functional or as user-friendly for those who want a full multitasking experience with more features, such as Microsoft Office.
- The app selection is limited.
- Not for power users.
However, if you’re looking for a simple operating system that gets the job done without all the extra features and options that come with other operating systems, then Chromebooks might be right for you.
Best cheap laptops for bloggers under $500
Acer Aspire 5 – best cheap blogging laptop
- Price: $400
- Specs: Slim Laptop | 15.6″ Full HD IPS | AMD Ryzen 3 3350U Quad-Core Mobile Processor | 4GB DDR4 | 128GB SSD | WiFi 6
- OS: Windows Home
- Weight: 3.97 lbs (1,8 kg)
- Battery: 10 hrs
The Acer Aspire 5 ($400) laptop is a decent all-around computer that’s perfect for most beginner bloggers or students who do part-time blogging.
It is a traditional and affordable laptop for general use. It has a big 15,6″ bright high-resolution screen, 10-hour battery, and quite performant CPU. It also has a lot of useful ports.
The hard drive is only 128 GB, but it may be enough for you if you don’t store videos, photos, or large files on the laptop.
Acer is one of the oldest and most respected tech companies, this is why Acer Aspire is considered a staple and “easy” choice. And I get it! More than 30,000 people from all over the world bought it only from Amazon, can you imagine how many more bought it offline in-store?
Recommend for families on a budget, conservative users, and part-time bloggers.
- Price: Around $420-$470 on Amazon (check the price) | 4.4 out of 5 on Amazon
- Characteristics: 14″ Touchscreen FHD NanoEdge Display, Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor, 8GB RAM, 64GB eMMC Storage
- OS: Chrome OS
- Weight: 3.31 pounds (1,5 kg)
- Battery: up to 10 hrs
This ASUS Chromebook Flip C433 is a really good option for anyone looking to get an affordable laptop for blogging. Lightweight, thin, stylish. It has a backlit keyboard that works in all light conditions, and the battery life is also excellent.
The flip screen is nice for those who want to use their laptop for live sessions or zoom meetings.
The 3.4 GHz CPU is great for multitasking. The screen is Touchscreen and Full HD. But the laptop has a tiny hard drive – only 64 GB.
A nice bonus for a Chromebook is a 1-Year Free Google 100GB Cloud Storage subscription! This can make up a scare hard drive, but even 164 GB maybe not be enough for some users.
ASUS has more performant Flip models, but it will immediately increase the price tag: the Flip C436 has an i3 processor and will cost around $700.
- Price: under $500
- Characteristics: 15.6″ HD Non-Touch, 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 Processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD, Webcam, HDMI, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- OS: Windows Home
- Weight: 4,9 pounds (2,2 kg)
- Battery: 10 hrs
The newest model of Dell Inspiron is a quite powerful full-blown laptop, that has enough SSD storage, but weighs a little bit too much for a blogger on the go.
This Dell comes with a dedicated graphics card and HD display which can handle medium-heavy graphics work, balanced with the i3.
Nice budget laptop if you don’t look for something pretty or versatile. Also, note, that it doesn’t offer a backlit keyboard.
- Price: under $300
- Characteristics: Intel Celeron N4000 Processor, 4 GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC, 14” HD Display
- OS: Chrome OS
- Battery: 12 hrs
- Weight: 3,24 pounds (1,5 kg)
The HP Chromebook 14 is a nice and lightweight blogging laptop. It is one of the cheap laptops on the market – for quite a powerful (for a Chromebook) device you will pay less than $400. That makes it great for beginners.
It has an anti-glare display which is very good for bloggers – you can look at the screen and work without distraction or tiredness. The other upside is a good battery – 12 hrs!
Note, that it has only one USB-A, 2 USB-C, and a headphones slot. That’s all for ports. It also has WiFi 5, while today most new laptops have a faster connection – generation 6.
It is a good simple laptop, but for professional users, the Chrome OS isn’t enough.
- Price: $300
- Characteristics: 11.6-Inch HD (1366 x 768) IPS Display, MediaTek MT8173C Processor, 4GB LPDDR3, 64 GB eMMC.
- OS: Chrome OS
- Weight: 2.64 pounds (1,1 kg)
- Battery life: 10 Hours
Lenovo Chromebook Flex 3 is the cheapest laptop for blogging and is suitable for a beginner blogger with no video or sound creating. For a few hundred dollars, you get a simple blogging laptop. It has though basic recommended characteristics and a long-lasting battery. Great for simple writing.
It has even more: 360 convertible touch screen and all kinds of ports.
Even if it is very simple, more than 8,000 people bought it on Amazon and 75% gave it 5 stars. Users appreciate the most battery, lightweight, and simplicity.
As we discussed above, Chrome OS is lighter and simpler, but also has some limitations. Again, for basic blogging and a small budget, it is a great new and up-to-date model!
Lenovo Flex is cheap, but it comes at a price: small hard drive, simple processor (not as good as Intel processors), smaller size – 11 inches.
This is not a laptop for advanced users or bloggers!
If you really want only Lenovo and can spend a little bit more, opt for Lenovo Flex 5 – it has Windows, the processing power and graphics are better.
Best Laptops for bloggers under $500-$1000 range
- Price: ±$600 (Check price and shipping fee)
- Characteristics: 15.6” Full HD, Intel i5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Backlit KB, Fingerprint
- OS: Windows 10
- Weight: 3.5 pounds (1,6 kg)
- Battery: up to 9 hrs.
ASUS VivoBook 15 is one of the bestselling blogging laptops on Amazon – it has over 5,000 reviews and is rated 4.5/5.
The ASUS VivoBook is a lightweight laptop that you can take with you everywhere, and it’s powerful enough for your everyday blogging needs.
The laptop features the Intel Core i5 Processor, 8GB RAM Memory, 512GB Hard Drive, and Windows 10 Home operating system! Plus it has a 15.6″ Full HD display screen! Although the screen is full had, some users mention that it is not IPS, so it isn’t perfect for video editing.
This laptop also boasts a long battery life of up to 9 hours, and fast charging (up to 60% in 50 min), so if you’re working on a long article or taking notes without access to an outlet, that doesn’t have to be a problem.
Apple MacBook Air early 2020 – Best blogging laptop overall (for Mac users) for beginners and non-editing tasks
- Price: $899.
- Characteristics: 13.3″ with Retina Display, IPS, 1.1GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 8GB Memory, 256GB SSD
- OS: Mac OS
- Weight: 2.8 pounds (1.29 kg)
- Battery: up to 12 hours (up to 30 days of standby time)
Apple MacBook Air 2020 is the best laptop for blogging under $1000, especially if you’re an Apple fan. Air models are best for all blogging tasks but maybe not enough for power gaming or large video projects.
The older mac laptop is, the cheaper it will be, 2019 costs around $700. Amazon also offers a lot of renewed MacBook air devices for under $400! Price will also go down if you choose less SSD.
MacBook Air 2020 will run any version of Mac OS and offers 8 GB RAM at the cheapest price, plus an advanced Retina display which has been said to contribute to better battery life. i5 Processor and Retina display will be enough for any kind of lifestyle bloggers and travel bloggers.
The design of the new MacBook Air 2020 is sleeker than ever before and it features a beautiful, thin bezel. The more comfortable keyboard also helps to make this one of the best laptops for bloggers, in general.
I’m using Apple devices since 2012. I’m writing this post on a MacBook Air purchased in 2015 and I’m still happy with it. My laptop survived traveling, dozens of flights. I was working at home, at hotels, at cafes.
I was using my laptop for all of it: editing photos in Lightroom, creating designs in Photoshop, working with blogs, launching and monitoring Google Ads, Facebook Ads, working with all sorts of documents. Still, for everyday video editing, i.e. if you’re a Youtuber, I would recommend MacBook Pro.
Over time, I faced 2 issues: I needed to replace the charger, and my Bluetooth stopped working. I used it mostly for the AirDrop feature, so I was quite upset, but I don’t really miss it.
I don’t like Windows in general, so I was happy to switch from Lenovo to Macbook, and I will upgrade to Macbook Pro next year. I’m super happy with the battery (even in 6 years!!), screen (even if my model doesn’t have Retina), interface, keyboard, performance. If I could recommend one laptop for a beginner blogger with quite a large budget, mac laptop would be it.
The newest models have only USB-C ports type. No USB-A ports, no sd card reader. You can get a USB adapter and it will fix the problem.
- Price: $600
- Characteristics: 14.0″ FHD (1920 x 1080) Touch Display, AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Processor, 16GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, AMD Radeon Graphics, Digital Pen Included
- OS: WIndows 10
- Weight: 3.63 pounds (1,64 kg)
- Battery: 8-10 hrs
The Lenovo Flex 5 is a 2 in 1 laptop, meaning that it has the flexibility to be used as a tablet or laptop. When used as a laptop, the keyboard can be detached from the body, making it more comfortable to type on. The stylus input is also not very demanding, so you can use your finger to draw instead of having to keep up with holding a stylus. The battery life is fairly good and lasts for about 8-10 hours unplugged.
This device has an AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Processor and 16GB of RAM and 256GB of SSD Storage space. It also has two USB 3.0 ports, an HDMI port.
Some bloggers recommend it as the best blogging laptop for traveling and travel blog videos, but I think it’s a bit too heavy for traveling with. Users also love its touch screen and fingerprint reader. This laptop is considered one of the best value for money devices from Lenovo.
- Price: $700-800
- Specs: 14” Touchscreen Laptop, 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD Storage, Full HD IPS Display
- OS: Windows 10 Home
- Weight: 3,55 pounds (1,6 kg)
- Battery: 9 hrs
The hp laptop I would like to introduce now is HP Pavilion – Amazon’s for Professionals on the go. Let’s see if it is true.
HP Pavilion x360 is an innovative 2-in-1 laptop with a 360-degree hinge. This laptop is designed specifically for versatile users and professionals on the go, who want to work comfortably in any environment.
The touchscreen enables the user to interact naturally with the laptop for an intuitive experience. HP Pavilion x360 also offers a full suite of ports: from speakers to HDMI and sd card slots.
The laptop comes in an 8 GB RAM option that works smoothly with the Intel Core i5 Quad-core processor. The battery life is extended with streaming work up to 8 hrs without charging. HP Fast Charge takes your laptop from 0-50% charge in approximately 45 minutes.
Performant processor, longer battery life, multitouch screen, and great graphics really make this HP Pavilion one of the best versatile blogging laptops!
Stereo speaker sound is probably one of the best among all the laptops we reviewed – built-in dual speakers and audio provided by B&O, which means this laptop may be great for working with sound or podcasting.
Best Performance Blogging Laptops
Dell XPS 13″ – Best blogging laptop overall for power users (for Windows users)
- Price: around $1000
- Characteristics: 13.3″, Full HD Infinity Edge Display, Intel i7 Processor, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD
- Weight: 2.7 pounds (1,2 kg)
- OS: Windows
- Battery life: up to 14 hrs
The Dell XPS 13 is a compact laptop that weighs only about two pounds which makes it the perfect accessory for bloggers who travel often or work on the go. It has a bright, sharp HD screen with accurate colors, which may be important for working with photos or videos.
The latest model features an Intel Core i7, at a speed of up to 4.9 gigahertz, 8GB RAM, and offers 512 GB Solid State Drive (SSD) storage space for storing your files. This makes it one of the best performant laptops for bloggers and bloggers in 2021.
The Dell XPS 13 is equipped with the latest Windows operating system, so you can take advantage of the best Windows has to offer.
It only has USB-C, so make sure you have an adapter. It is also quite pricey.
Personal experience with Dell XPS 13 – best blogging laptop for power users
My partner, and co-writer of this blog, says that this is THE best laptop for all windows users, including travel bloggers (he is a travel blogger himself), vloggers, and regular bloggers.
This laptop survived 4 years of traveling around the world. It is more durable as it’s made with aluminum, but at the same time light because of carbon fiber.
- The screen is scratch-resistant and offers multitouch.
- It has dual fans, which makes it even more performant and more heating-resistant.
- This laptop offers high security: both facial recognition and fingerprints.
- Bonus for the environment: 90% of the Dell XPS 13 ’s parts can be easily recycled or reused
Apple MacBook Pro 2020 – Best blogging laptop overall for power users (for Mac lovers)
- Price: ± $1,800
- Characteristics: 13-inch, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, 2.6GHz Intel Core i7
- Weight: 3.1 pounds (1,4 kg)
- OS: Mac OS
- Battery: 10 hours
MacBook Pro is the best laptop for bloggers for video editing, editing images, and high-demanding blogging tasks. In 2021, you can buy the latest model, or buy an old version, but not older than 2019 if you still want to be at the maximum of the performance rate.
You want a laptop that’s going to last you for years and this one will give you excellent performance and run tirelessly without needing an outlet in sight. The mighty processor, faster SSD, larger RAM are great for power users and resourceful projects.
MacBook is a reliable laptop for bloggers, in general, but not the cheapest option. Still, the 2020 MacBook pro is more affordable and you don’t really need the most expensive models for most blogging routines.
The real inconvenience about the latest Apple laptops is the complete absence of regular USB, only USB-C.
Asus Zenbook – Most lightweight blogging laptop
- Price: $1100
- Characteristics: Ultra-Slim Laptop, 13.3” OLED FHD NanoEdge Bezel Display, Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, NumberPad, Thunderbolt 4, Wi-Fi 6
- OS: Windows 10 Pro
- Weight: 2,45 pounds (1.1 kg)
- Battery life: up to 13 hrs.
Asus Zenbook is one of the bestselling laptops for travel bloggers. It is a suitable laptop for high-performant tasks and one of the alternatives for mac laptops.
High performance is assured with Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, and 512GB SSD, as well as wireless connections including a number pad and Wi-Fi 6. You can make videos about your trips or make great quality reviews.
The graphics offer many compartments to upload graphics and video editing programs make this one of the best laptops for video editing bloggers on the market in 2021.
I would also like to highlight that Zenbook has a bit lifted typing position, which is important for copywriting.
The possible cons of buying an Asus Zenbook laptop are the expensive price and real battery performance. People are saying that it barely can make it up to 8 hours. Another overestimated feature is a touch option, most users give it a very low score.
It runs Windows 10 Pro which is not as popular as Mac OS, but all its cheaper competitors offer Windows Home. And of course, if you don’t like Windows, it is not a good choice for you.
The design of the Asus Zenbook laptop may seem less attractive for someone who cares about style.
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 – best for graphic designers on-the-go
- Price: ± $770 – $1700
- Characteristics: 12.3″ Touch-Screen – 10th Gen Intel Core i5 – 8GB Memory – 128GB SSD
- Weight: 1.7 pounds (0,7 kg)
- OS: Windows
- Battery: 10,5 hours
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is one of the best laptops for blogging, illustrators, or graphic designers in 2021. If you want a laptop that can do everything visually, especially with a touch screen, then this is it.
The design is sleek and lightweight, so it will be easy to travel with it and use anywhere. The battery life can keep you working for hours without charging and the interface seems more sensitive and responsive than many other laptops.
The performance can vary (and the price): you can choose between i3, i5, or i7 Intel Core processor, different RAM ranges (from 4GB to 16GB), and SSD (from 128GB to 1TB).
Unfortunately, the Microsoft Surface laptop also has cons. The price may seem too high and the battery life decreases after a few years of use.
- Price: $1800
- Characteristics: 14.0″ FHD IPS, i5, WiFi-6, Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Reader, USB-C, HDMI, Intel UHD Graphics, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD
- OS: Windows Pro
- Weight: 2.4 pounds (1 kg)
- Battery: 19.5 hrs
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon is a high-performant light laptop for bloggers with time and resource-consuming needs.
It is an ultra-book – tiny and only 2,4 pounds! Great for traveling. I’ve heard that it was primary designed for the military and then adjusted for public use.
IPS HD display, powerful processor, enhanced audio and connection make this laptop a great tool for advanced video editors, streamers, and bloggers with large projects.
The evident pro of this laptop nowadays is its strong battery – 19,5 hours! Over time the battery life becomes even shorter. I had a gaming-powered Lenovo before Macbook Air and over less than 2 years, the battery life became less than 3 hrs! I love that they fixed it in the newest models.
It is also quite pricey, but still, people buy it.
What blogging laptop is NOT to buy?
Laptops with a glossy screen are usually not recommended for blogging, because the glare from the screen will deter you from focusing on your content.
We recommend getting a laptop that has an anti-glare property.
You should not buy a laptop with a 17-inch screen, and I would not recommend even 15+ inches, because the other components of your computer will likely be too weak to properly handle it, but most importantly it will be more difficult to carry around, and it will be heavier.
Do not buy a laptop with an AMD graphics card, if you can, opt for Nvidia, it is the best option for blogging now.
Also stay away from processors and CPU labeled as Pentium, Celeron, Atom/Arm, AMD E2, AMD A9, A6, MediaTek. Celeron or AMD is good enough for Chrome OS though.
Contrary to many websites I do not recommend: Lenovo Ideapad 3 – it has a weaker battery, AMD processor, not as good resolution as other laptops I do recommend. Plus, the keyboard is also not very sensitive so writing or typing would take some getting used to, and this is exactly what a blogger needs!
Laptop Accessories for Blogging
A great laptop may work even better for your needs if you will add some extra value, some accessories. They are not mandatory, but will definitely make your blogging life easier.
- External Hard Drive to make sure all your data is safe, and you have all your data. I once lost all my files stored on my old Lenovo without any possibilities to restore it. Better invest in a good external hard drive one time, than regret it later. I use WD My Passport Hard Drive for 2 TB for the past few years.
- Wireless Mouse – I love the Microsoft Arc mouse – it is super easy to carry, as it flips flat when you’re not using it.
- Laptop stand. Great device to make your blogging journey healthier. Cheap and durable – Soundance aluminum Laptop Stand
- Protective case. Dust, dirt, pens in our bag – everything can damage our laptop, especially over time. Just protect it before something bad happens. You should still clean it regularly!
- External display (optional). If you need a laptop and you know that you will work mostly from home, you can buy a second screen. Having 2 monitors is usually leading to higher productivity and better user experience. I can recommend Asus Zen Screen
Best laptop for blogging FAQ
Which laptop is best for blogging?
For lighter laptops, you should go with a laptop like Dell XPS 13, Macbook Pro (for advanced users), MacBook Air, Microsoft Surface Pro. All of these are great for bloggers because they are light and portable but still have the power to produce quality content.
If you’re looking for something with more power and performance, we recommend the MacBook Pro for Apple fans and Dell XPS 13 for Windows users. The MacBook Pro is a little heavier.
You could also consider Apple’s new MacBook Air if you’re looking for a really lightweight model that will last all day without needing charging and you don’t need a lot of processing power. Check our Best Blogging Laptops Table above.
What laptop do most Youtubers use?
The best laptop for a Youtube blogger is the MacBook. The MacBook has a beautiful design that looks sleek and performs well enough for basic video editing. You aim to find it with these specifications at least: Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB of RAM, 256GB SSD storage, 1080p display screen.
You may also want to consider the Dell XPS 13 as it is THE best laptop for blogging overall on WIndows.
Is Chromebook good for blogging?
Chromebooks are great for blogging because they are cheaper and have more portability. If you don’t need to do any video editing or heavy photo editing, a Chromebook can be the perfect blogging companion. You’ll also never have to worry about your laptop becoming outdated because Chrome OS is constantly updating!
How much RAM do I need for blogging?
If you plan on editing videos or heavy photo editing, we recommend that you get a laptop with at least 8GB of RAM. If you just blog and don’t do any video editing and photo editing, then 4GB of RAM should be sufficient.
Do I need an HDMI port on a laptop for blogging?
What is the great battery life?
A good-sized battery will be enough for a working day’s usage on low-demanding tasks. It is recommended 6+ hrs. The more power demands a task, the more it can affect battery consumption. The best all-day battery life in 2021 is around 12 hours.
What is the difference between Intel UHD graphics and Intel HD graphics?
UHD graphics are faster and more powerful than HD graphics, and they can be found on many of Intel’s newer processors. However, UHD graphics are not available on all laptops. You need to check your laptop specifications to see if you have UHD graphics and what kind of UHD graphics processor you have.
Do you need UHD graphics for blogging?
A blogging business nowadays does not require this kind of powerful hardware so it may just not be worth spending money for this when in reality most blogs don’t need too much graphical power but yeah there might be some exceptions like Youtube video editing or photo editing which require UHD graphics.
What is the most lightweight laptop for travel bloggers?
Should I get a new laptop or a used one?
One of the advantages of buying a new laptop is that you get to choose from a number of different brands and models, and you can be sure it will be in top condition. The downside is that you will have to pay more money for it.
The pros and cons of buying a used laptop are that they are less expensive, but you won’t know what kind of person was using the laptop before you bought it. The major con is even if the used laptop is cheaper, it is at the same time older and is only getting more outdated.
Do I have to use a laptop for blogging?
Not necessarily. It is true that all full-time bloggers work from a laptop or PC, or both, but if blogging is your side hustle, for now, you can use a tablet or any model of mobile phone with quite a large screen.
But if you’re looking for the best laptops for bloggers, I hope you liked my list.